The All Ireland Warehousing Association (AIWA) parent organisation, UKWA, will hold its 13th Annual Awards for Warehousing lunch on Wednesday 4th July at the Dorchester Hotel, in Park Lane, London and all AIWA members are urged to enter
Members of AIWA will receive an official entry form through the post soon. The awards categories are as follows:
Customer Service Award: The judges will be seeking evidence of customer insight and a customer focused culture within the organisation.
Training Award: This award is given for training achievement. It can be awarded to an individual, organisation or jointly to both.
- Technology/Innovations Award: Evidence will be required of a bold and innovative response to the changing market place and could include the introduction of new technology, products, processes or procedures.
- Best New Warehouse Member Award: This is a corporate award given to the company showing the highest professional standards of warehousing on joining UKWA.
- Warehouse Manager of the Year Award: The judges will look for excellent personal and professional qualities.
- Team of the Year Award: The award will be won by a company or depot that is able to demonstrate an outstanding team effort during the past year in their warehousing operations.
- Chairman’s Award: Awarded by the Chairman to an individual or company which has made a real and lasting contribution to the warehousing industry.
- Environment Award: Given to the company that demonstrates the most significant and successful application of ‘Green’ processes, procedures or monitoring’ during the year.
- Young Employee of the Year: A new award open to any employee not in a supervisory or managerial role who is under the age of 25.
AIWA’s chief executive officer, Roger Williams, says: “This event has grown year on year and in 2012 we expect to build on the success of the occassion. I strongly urge all members – large and small – to consider entering at least one of the categories. We would be particularly pleased to receive entries from AIWA members.”
Last year Expect Distribution collected the Team Of The Year and the Customer Service awards.
Operations Director Neil Rushworth says: “I was particularly pleased to win the Customer Service Award as I believe that it demonstrated our commitment to our customers.”
He continues: “We outline clear targets to our employees in what is required with each individual account and we help them to make sure those targets are achieved.”
For details on the Awards call Jacquie Corderoy on the number below.
T: +44 (0)207 836 5522