When it comes to conveyors for dry bulk solids, whether in powder, granule, flake, pellet, lump or whatever form and whether in bulk quantities or as minor ingredients/additives, Spiroflow aim to offer the best solution. They have never believed in the ‘one size fits all’ philosophy. Accordingly, as they have expanded their horizons, they have developed their conveying solutions to meet the new challenges whether organically, by strategic acquisitions or through joint ventures.
Following the acquisition of Dynamet Inc of Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA last year, combined with a concurrent in-house development, two types of Tubular Drag Conveyors are the latest additions to Spiroflow’s portfolio. So, today, they offer four types of conveyor: Flexible Screw, Aero Mechanical, Pneumatic/Vacuum and, now, Tubular Drag.
‘Cableflow’ Tubular Cable Drag Conveyors
‘Cableflow’ Tubular Cable Drag Conveyors are in fact a development of their tried and tested Aero Mechanical Conveyors operating with reduced clearances and at reduced running speeds. ‘Cableflow’ conveyors are designed with gentle handling and installations requiring conveying in multiple planes in mind. They can transfer friable bulk products from single or multiple in-feed points to single or multiple discharge points with little or no damage. Good examples of where they have found particular favour is in the coffee industry, where they are used to convey coffee beans, and in the snack food industry, where they are used to move friable finished products.
‘Dynaflow’ Tubular Chain Drag Conveyors
The ‘Dynaflow’ Tubular Chain Drag Conveyor is also a mechanical drag conveyor system operating within the confines of a pipe. However, the discs that move material along the pipe are robust heavy duty discs connected by articulated metal links (chains) meaning that they are well suited to the most arduous of applications. The discs can be made from a variety of materials including steel and cast iron. This enables them to operate at temperatures up to 250oC. These new conveyors not only widen the scope of applications in Spiroflow’s traditional food, chemical and pharmaceuticals markets, it means they offer more to markets such as glass, bricks, cement, steel-making, foundry, mining, minerals and aggregates where, hitherto, they have only been involved on the fringes. This range of conveyors has 40 years of operational experience behind it and the support of the technical team from Dynamet Inc who have joined Spiroflow.
What are the benefits of Tubular Drag Conveyors?
- Totally enclosed, dust-free, contamination-free handling.
- Only mechanical conveyor that can operate in 3 planes, this permits complex circuits eliminating transfer points and using only a single drive.
- Minimum energy consumption.
- Can be Meter or Flood Fed.
- Handles hot, cold, wet, dry, hygroscopic or temp sensitive materials
- May be fed at multiple points in a circuit
- May discharge at multiple points in circuit (no special airlocks)
- No need for filters or cyclone to separate air and material as no additional air is introduced into the system.
- Gentle conveying action – minimal product attrition
- Will not separate blends
- Round construction minimizes material residence and build-up
- May operate under pressure differential, or inert purge
- Minimum noise level
- 24/7/365 reliable operation
To learn more about Spiroflow’s new Cable Driven Tubular Drag Conveyors, go to www.spiroflow.com. Alternatively, call them on +44 (0)1200 422525 to discuss your specific requirements.