Schneider Electric has today announced the launch of its Acti 9 iEM3000 energy meter series, which have been designed specifically to help individuals and organisations meet energy efficiency targets
The Acti 9 iEM3000 is a cost-effective, feature-rich energy meter offering for DIN rail, modular enclosures. Under the EU Energy Performance of Buildings Directive, automatic energy monitoring systems are required in buildings with a floor area of over 1000sqm. With native Modbus, BACnet, M-bus and LON protocol support, the iEM3000 can be easily integrated into commercial and non-critical buildings in order to add simple energy management applications to virtually any BMS, AMR or EMS system.
More than just a kWh meter, the Acti 9 iEM3000 series provides a full view of both energy consumption and on-site generation, with full four-quadrant measurement of active and reactive energy delivered and received. Additionally, extensive real-time measurements (V, I, P, PF) give customers greater detail on their energy usage, and multiple tariffs give customers the flexibility to match the billing structure of their utility.
With the Acti 9 iEM3000 meters, individuals and organisations can:
- Collect and analyse energy consumption data from a range of sources for each type of load or circuit
- Gain an accurate understanding of business expenses by more accurately allocating energy-related costs
- Use data received to implement actions designed to reduce energy consumption
- Monitor the energy consumption of tenants or customers and establish accurate invoices
- Seamlessly integrate the meter/s into virtually any monitoring system (BMS, AMR, EMS) without the need for extra converters
- Mid and non mid references are available as standard
“With the launch of the Acti 9 iEM3000 energy meter series, it has never been easier to bring energy cost management applications into your existing monitoring. The meters optimise energy use, and implement actions to promote energy efficiency and ease of installation, resulting in energy and cost savings for both the installer and end user,” said Poonam Walid, Category Marketing Manager. “We’ve introduced the iEM3000 series specifically with the EU Energy Performance of Buildings Directive in mind. With automatic energy monitoring systems now mandatory for buildings with a floor area of over 1000sqm, we are making it easier for installers to meet requirements.”
For more information about the Acti 9 iEM3000 energy meter series, customers can contact their local Schneider Electric representative, or visit www.schneider-electric.com/uk