Hybrid Services re-seller for Mimaki products, Kaye Dee Marking based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire offer the latest generation of UV flatbed printers including the popular Kebab option to the new MkII printer family.
The Mimaki UFJ-3042 MkII and UJF-6042 MkII flatbed LED UV printers bring increased productivity and ease of use to on-demand, direct to object printing. The printers are available in A3 or A2 format, offering spectacular creativity and limitless opportunities when printing onto almost any material including Promotional items, Pens, Key rings, Small format signs & Point of sale, Phone and Electronics covers, Stationery, Bottles, USB sticks, Custom components, Boxes & packaging and Control panels.
The new UJF-3042 MkII and UJF-6042 MkII print speeds are 20% faster than previous models and as you’d expect from Mimaki printers also have the ability to use different types of inks supporting a very wide range of applications. In addition to the durable inks that adhere well to glass and other substrates the new LUS-120 inks can also be used for printing on soft material surfaces such as membrane switches or wallet smartphone cases, since it can stretch up to 170% without cracking when pressed or folded. Moreover, the LH-100 rigid inks are perfect for accessories or stationery products that must stand up to high levels of abrasion. These inks, when used with Mimaki’s PR-200 inkjet primer, are also an excellent choice for printing on glass, metal and resins, which has traditionally been difficult for UV-curable inks. With Mimaki Clear Control (MCC), the clear varnish can be used to both highlight areas with spot or flood coating, as well as to deliver embossing with multiple passes.
To support increased productivity and profitability for lab, retail and printing business, the new UJF-3042 MkII and UJF-6042 MkII printers:
- Deliver a 20% improvement in speed over current models, with the ability to print on objects up to 153 mm thick.
- Have advanced mechanical functionality with a print table that moves during printing to reduce printer vibration, deliver precise dot placement and enable high quality printing on a wide range of objects and materials.
- Preset Mimaki Expand Color in the printers’ RasterLink digital front end for upgraded colour representation with more vibrant, solid colours and brighter skin tones.
- Deliver worry-free operation with automatic detection and cleaning of clogged nozzles, substituting good nozzles for printing during this process. This allows constant printing and reduces waste due to defective nozzles. Mimaki Circulation Technology (MCT) circulates white inks at regular intervals to prevent pigment sedimentation that can lead to nozzle malfunction.
- Especially important in retail environments, is the fully covered print table of these new printers that improves safety while maintaining print quality by keeping dust and other contaminants out of the system.
The new kabab feature enables UJF-3042 MkII & UJF-6042 MkII to support printing directly on a wide range of cylindrical objects with diameters from 10 mm to 110 mm, including wine and water bottles, seals, candles and cosmetics bottles.
“Our clients who print onto cylindrically shaped products are already benefiting from investing in the kabab”, said Chris Simpson, Managing Director Kaye Dee Marking Solutions “the kebab provides a quality print finish on otherwise challenging surfaces, is versatile, cost effective and ideal for short or large print runs. The feedback we’ve received from our customers is very encouraging and we’re confident that the kabab option will provide a lot of new possibilities further pushing what can be achieved with digital printing.”
“We expect to see an increase in the levels of interest for both the printers and kabab option due to an ever increasing range of materials and physical objects that our customers want to be able to print onto. With the advances in technology the possibilities are almost endless.”
In addition to providing Mimaki products Kaye Dee Marking Solutions is an exclusive distributor throughout the UK & Ireland of Teca-Print pad (tampo) printing equipment [http://www.kayedee.co.uk/openinkwell.htm], RUCO [http://www.kayedee.co.uk/inks.htm] printing inks and [http://www.kayedee.co.uk/padprinting.htm] Nanovis HC-1000 – solvent free cleaning system for pad printing or flexographic printing.
For more information please contact Mick Beech, Kaye Dee Marking Solutions on 0114 256 0222 or visit www.kayedee.co.uk Kaye Dee Marking Solutions will be exhibiting at Medtec Ireland [http://www.medteceurope.com/ireland/] and Southern Manufacturing [http://www.industrysouth.co.uk].